– A rise in collaboration spaces in offices. There’ll be fewer desks and more spaces for people to meet that will encourage connection, discussion and working together.
– An evolving hybrid workplace. This will incorporate working from home + working from anywhere – whether that be the office, a café or somewhere else.
– The office remains the heart of a business. It’s where we come to meet for connection and community. But that does not mean it is the sole place to execute work.
– Time flexibility. Team members will be able to work when it is best for the business and themselves and that may not be within the usual 9-5 window.
– Furniture flexibility. Offices will have different furniture types that provide adaptable solutions for changing functions and different user groups.
– Team expansion. Businesses will want to increase their headcount without a corresponding increase in their footprint, and without squashing more people into the same space.
– Sustainability. Offices will be designed to decrease emissions and waste through thoughtful material selections and specification.
This last point – sustainability – will be the key driver for Spaceworks and our interactions with clients this year. In the same way that we had a single-minded focus on inclusivity and diversity in 2021, everything we do in 2022 will be with an eye to sustainability.
It will be a journey that I’m keen to share.