However, I believe, retail will see an increase in demand for great in-store experience because more than ever this is what consumers want.
With this in mind, I believe 2022 will see more of the following:
– A greater consideration for customer flow to keep people crossing paths less as they move through the store.
– Sustainability incorporated into the retail design fitout through building with less wastage and a smaller carbon footprint.
– The desire for sustainability will drive new conversations and engagement with customers.
Design will support more automation of those services that do not need human contact.
– Demand for click and collect will increase as it’s such a great tool, especially with courier delivery times not meeting consumer demand.
– Fewer rollouts, more site and local demographic design incorporated
– More live stream events will be held instore
– An increase in multi-use spaces rather than traditional sell/buy transactions
This is such an exciting evolving space to be a part of!